White pizza is my absolute favorite. I try to keep it generally healthy and thus tend to steer clear of it in places like food courts and restaurants…but I came up with an at-home version that’s pretty delicious! To accompany the directions, I included some sweet step-by-step pictures for this one :D.
INGREDIENTS (yknow, if you don’t feel like playing I Spy with my dimly-lit photograph :P)
1 cup baby spinach
2 baby portabella mushrooms, chopped
1 tortilla (Joseph’s Flax & Oat Bran tortillas are pretty much the best ones ever made)
1 wedge Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese
1/4 cup fat free ricotta cheese
1 tbsp Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup shredded fat-free mozzarella
Rosemary, garlic (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300
2. Heat up a pan to medium-high with a generous spray of cooking spray, “saute” the mushrooms and spinach
3. Pop the tortilla in the preheated oven. KEEP AN EYE ON IT! They only take about a minute to crisp up perfectly, like zees:
(note: the chances of me actually cooking something to my own specifications, ESPECIALLY when I’m photo documenting it are about 1/2348329490. This is pretty much groundbreaking. When I made this a couple days earlier, the tortilla blew up like a balloon. A crispy brown balloon. Not fun. Since when could tortillas blow up anyway?)
4. While you wait for the mushrooms and spinach to shrink up/the tortilla to brown, stir the ricotta, greek yogurt and swiss together until they form a thick white paste.
5. Take the tortilla out of the oven and spread the paste evenly over the top
6. Distribute the spinach and mushrooms on top of the white layer (note: it doesn’t seem like a lot, but this pizza is hard to eat when it’s overloaded!)
7. Sprinkle the fat-free mozzarella on top
8. Season it to your heart’s desire. I like it with garlic salt and rosemary, but pizza seasoning is super up to your own taste preferences!
9. Pop it in the oven for 8-10 minutes, till it’s melty and crispy, like zees: